Tuesday 6 May 2014

#BEDM What I want to be when I grow up

I don't really have a passion, I certainly don't spend hours dreaming about how to get my dream job that I've wanted to do since I was a little girl. In some ways I envy those who do, those who know exactly what they want to do and start and finish their journey to their dream job. And celebrate their success when they get there.

I change my mind far too much about what I want to do when I'm older (ahem I'm 26 now!), I changed my mind all the time when I was at school. I do things for a few months and I soon get bored and move onto the next thing.

In my current job I am a self employed beautician, I wouldn't say I was completely passionate about it, I enjoy it and I earn a living from it three days a week. Its fits in perfectly with the kids and I like making people feel better about themselves. I can't see it will be something I will do forever.

When Millie started pre-school knowing how bored I would get, I got another job working from home sewing golf flags. As my parents are in the sewing business and have their own sewing shop they have good contacts and often know someone who needs some work doing. Again this is working for myself so I can sew as much or as little as I like. I do like sewing but thousands of golf flags down it does feel abit tedious. I often spend time at the machine day dreaming about sewing things to make a living... little girls dresses, or fancy cushion covers etc.

When i'm not working I fill my days with baking cakes, upcycling furniture, blogging or exercising. I often wonder weather I could make a career out of any of them but always end up talking myself out of anything.

I often get moaned at about being indecisive and this is probably the most indecisive post I have ever written, so there you have it, I don't have a clue what I want to do when I'm older... and probably never will!

No comments :

Post a Comment