Saturday 1 February 2014

Moments that mattered 2013

2013 was a good year for us as a family we had no ups and downs and everything ran fairly smoothly. I'm really grateful for that as 2012 we seemed to have bug after infection and 2 hospital stays!!

There was no changes to our work, home or lifestyle. Therefore we were also happy financially which is always a good thing.

We holidayed in Brittany, France in May for a week. I did write about it and looking back I think it has got to be in the top 3 best holiday of all time. There was so much to do and never a down day. We swam every morning and kept ourselves busy in the afternoons. we have already talked about booking a holiday there for 2015!




The biggest event of the year by far is was my sister getting married (she has recently started a blog you can read it here). It happened in August and it was a beautiful day. The wedding was set in the countryside and they managed to get married outside as the weather was stunning. I was bridesmaid along side Millie and the boys were pageboys. It was definitely the happiest day of 2013.



My little man started school. A day he had been waiting for for so long. He wanted to be just like his big brother. On the morning of the first day he got dressed super quick, he asked me to 'sort his collar out' as that's something I said to Leon on a daily basis. He was so happy to have photos in the garden before he went and he said he was so glad to "finally be a school boy". It made me realise how quick they grow up and they really need to stop wishing their little lives away.

Luring December I did something that I had talked about for a long time but never thought I would actually do! I got tattoo, now this wasn't exactly all my own doing. I'd spoke loads about getting one and decided it would be nice to have the date I got married on my ring finger underneath my wedding and engagement ring. One morning I had gone to town with Dave to do some banking, or so I thought. We were outside the tattoo shop when he told me he had booked me in. You can't see it great on a picture but you can get a general idea of what it looks like.

So that's the highlights of my 2013 I had a great time and hope for the same again this year!

Disclaimer: This post is my entry into the Moments That Mattered competition to win an iPad Mini in association with Lloyds Bank.

No comments :

Post a Comment