Monday 2 September 2013

Madame Tussauds Blackpool

On Sunday we made the most of our last weekend before reality kicks in again. We had a day trip up to Blackpool, we went last year and the kids loved it. This year we took them to Madame Tussauds.

Dave and I went to Madame Tussauds in London and had a great time. We were both looking forward to visiting the Blackpool one. We wasn't exactly sure what the kids would make of it and was almost certain they wouldn't know many of the wax work figures. So we kept an open mind!

I think we picked a good day to go because the entrance was nice and clear and when we showed our tickets we were straight in. The staff were very friendly.

We never really explained to the children what was going to happen inside but as soon as they saw other people posing with people they joined in. They asked about people and I actually think they learnt alot about different people and professions.


As you can see they really got into the swing of things and loved copying the celebrities poses. There was other smaller activities to do around the place. Including playing drums, posing for special effects photos which were professionally done by the staff and creating your own pictures with different props. These were busy areas so we went past most of them.
There was a small soft play area and a mirrored maze, which is so much fun for all ages. The kids absolutely loved trying to find their way out without bumping into their reflection. There was also abit at the end with children's characters although I think they enjoyed that just as much as the rest. The royal family was a great hit!

I really liked the newest wax figure Bear Grylls, mainly because of the set I just thought it was much more imaginative than the figure just standing there. There was alot more questions about him and what he does. You could also have abit more fun posing with him!



It took us about an hour to go round the whole place, I think it was just the right length for children. But I think if it was just Dave and I, we would be wanting to see a little more. 

If you wanted to visit you are much better buying tickets online as they are cheaper and you get the skip past the ques if there are any. Pre-booked tickets for adults are £12.50 and £9.95 for children. A group of 4 would be £40.00 and under 3's go free. 

I wouldn't say this is a great value for money family experience, I think the childrens prices are a little high, but I would say the adult prices are good.

All in all we had a good time, I think we would probably visit again when the children are a bit older and can recognise a lot more of the faces.


*Disclaimer. All opinions are my own and I was given complementary tickets for the purpose of the review

No comments :

Post a Comment