Wednesday 10 October 2012

Cakes win prizes

Appliances Online have launched a new blog, so they are hosting a blog competition to win over £400 worth of goodies. As soon as I saw it, I new I had to enter I don't need much of an excuse to make some cupcakes, I love making them. My obsession started last yer when I won a cupcake course!


I like to try different types of cupcakes I made amaretto, lemon chello, strawberry and coffee for my wedding, the coffee went down well with everyone, except me as I don't like coffee, so I made coffee ones today. I'm trying to cut down so its the perfect choice!!

I just use a basic cupcake recipe, but made 24 so double what I usually make. Start by mixing 8oz butter with 8oz sugar and mix until light and fluffy, add 4 eggs a bit at a time. Mix 2 teaspoons of instant coffee with a splash of boiling water. Finally add 8oz of self-raising flour and mix with a spoon. Pop in the oven on 180 and cook for 10-12mins!

Whilst the cupcakes were cooking I set to work on the icing, its takes quite a while to make the topping and by time I had made them the cakes had cooled. I added butter cream to the top, I mixed 100g of butter with 200g icing sugar, it was too much I had loads left over!!

So what do you think?

spoooooky Appliances online

Close up, these are my favourite.

Bones, brooms and blood stained 'a'

Hope you like them!

2 comments :

  1. just looking to see if a winner had been announced yet and came across yours. weird, mine was the next entry, put up 4 mins after yours....and mine are cupcakes with appliances online written on top....
    spooky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How odd may be you should email them and make sure they have seen your entry. I keep checking back to see if they have announced a winner as well!

    ReplyDelete