Tuesday 14 February 2012

Compers News subscription..is it worth it?

I decided to subscribe to Compers News back in November and I received my first issue in December. They were running a special offer £9.99 for 3 issues, I thought about it for a long time and read what people thought of the magazine. Most people were saying it was great and they won a lot of prizes through it. I thought for £9.99 its worth a go.

I received my first issue, I can not tell you how excited I was! I sat down with a cuppa when the children were in bed, at first I was slightly disappointed as I had seen most of the online competitions already. They have different sections in the magazine for each type of competition. The postal comps had quite alot that I hadn't seen and I entered a few.

What I do like about the magazine is that they have alot of competitions for subscribers only, puzzles in the magazine, stamp giveaways and other prizes. I have entered as many as these as I can. Also they have winners stories, and hints and tips of how to win competitions.

I think I was under the impression that if I subscribe to this magazine I would automatically win lots of competitions and I haven't, in fact I haven't won anything that Compers News have told me about! But after sitting down and reading that first, second and third issue that I have now received, I love it. I think it is so nice to sit down and have a good old fashioned read about competitions, before this all my comping was done online. I love reading the monthly letters, and the winners stories are great inspirations.

The last issue I received was the February issue, I worked my way through the magazine and ticked off every competition I had entered and crossed out the ones I didn't want to enter. I don't think anything is as easy as that online!! I can see in front of me what I have and haven't done. I just need to do the subscribers puzzles and send them off now! I have entered loads of postal comps that I would never have known about otherwise.

The magazine also has its own online forum that you can only access as a member, I have to confess I haven't really been on this much. i find the comps in the magazine, the creative ones from Superluckys blog and any facebook competitions I see is enough!

So I think if you are thinking about subscribing its worth it, just for the times you don't feel like going online. Or if you want to enter more postal comps, you can take the magazine with you, I write out all my postcards at work when I have a quiet period. If you want some inspiration, its great to read others stories, hints and tips. Plus you have all the different types of competitions in one place.

BEWARE- you may find yourself buying unnecessary things, for example, way to many apples because you want to win a pink car, or far too much chocolate to win one of a million moments, 5 boxes of cereal that your hoping the children will like because they are giving away thousands of prizes... but that's all part of the fun isn't it?

No comments :

Post a Comment